- What are your hours?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you offer a sliding scale or reduced fee?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What is the payment policy?
- What are the typical psychotherapy billing codes?
- Will EBTSL submit my charges for out-of-network coverage?
- Do EBTSL Psychotherapists accept insurance?
Our administrative office (located in Seattle, WA) is staffed Monday through Friday, 9:00 am MT – 7:00 pm MT. We respond to calls from 10:00 am MT– 6:00 pm MT. Evening sessions may be available for ongoing therapy, Please speak to your therapist about their availability.
If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, you must cancel 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. You will be charged the regular fee for the session if you have not notified our office of your cancellation 24 hours before the time of the appointment. All voicemails are dated and timestamped. If your appointment is scheduled for a Monday, please leave a voicemail over the weekend to confirm your cancellation.
Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer a sliding scale or reduce fee schedule for our services.
EBTSL accepts payment at the time of service. Our policy is to have a Visa or Mastercard on file. Clients are responsible for all fees.
HSA/FSA Card Policy
Clients may also choose to have an additional Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) card on file. In the event an HSA or FSA is the primary card on file, we require a Visa or Mastercard as a back up.
Our policy is payment in full at the time of service and requires a credit card to be placed on file prior to starting service with EBTSL.
Our therapist is considered an out-of-network provider.
Clients are responsible for all charges incurred, whether or not insurance provides coverage. We provide clients with a monthly billing statement for the services rendered and fees paid to submit to insurance companies for out-of-network reimbursement.
Initial Evaluation – Billing CPT Code: 90791
Recurring Sessions – Billing CPT Code: 90834 (38-52 minute session, $230) or 90837 (53-60 minute session)
Clients at EBTSL are responsible for submitting their own statements/paperwork to insurance for out-of-network reimbursement. EBTSL will not bill insurance companies on behalf of clients for out-of-network claims.
EBTSL’s psychotherapist is not contracted with any insurance panels and is considered an out-of-network provider. You may contact your insurance company to determine if they will reimburse you for services provided by EBTSL through your out-of-network benefits. Many insurance plans do provide the opportunity to apply for reimbursement for therapy services received from out-of-network providers. Please call your insurance company prior to your first appointment and request further information regarding your out-of-network benefits.
Some helpful questions to ask your insurance company include:
- I am seeking mental health treatment services at the Evidence Based Treatment Centers of Salt Lake. Does my plan have any out-of-network coverage for mental health services?
- Is there an out-of-network deductible, and if so, what is it?
- The billing CPT codes will be ________________. What is the maximum allowable for each of these codes? What percentage of this allowable will my plan pay for each of these codes?
- How many mental health sessions does my plan cover per year?
- What information/forms do I need to submit in order to receive out-of-network reimbursement?
- How and where do I submit reimbursement claims (online, mail)?
- Are there any time limitations regarding filing my claims?